Skip to main content

IS THE LOBLAW’S REBATE CARD A SCAM?

Back on February 16, 2018 I saw on the evening news how Loblaws was offering a $25 rebate card for their part of the bread price fixing fiasco. 
I had to have been one of the very first to apply. Mind you this was last February.
I waited patiently. 
My neighbours were all receiving theirs.
Finally, after checking my blank “STATUS” over and over, I decided to inquire as to why it was taking so long.
Here is the first email ….sent May 16, 2018

I submitted my registration on 16/02/18
My ID number is:
WCB*******
I even updated my address when I moved.
I emailed before and was merely told it could take up to 12 weeks.
My question is why have I not received a card when all my Neighbors received their cards weeks ago, many who registered long after I had
Powered by Cricket Wireless
This was sent June 20, 2018.

No card?

My registration was submitted on February 16, 2018
I have still not received my card.
My registration number is

WCB********

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your email. Your registration is processing. We will contact you if additional information is needed. You may continue to monitor your registration status at the following path: https://www.loblawcard.ca/en/status
Sincerely,
Program Administrator
[LS]
From: LightHouse Dann Verner <lighthousedannverner@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2018 5:52:11 AM
To:info@loblawcard.ca
Subject: No card?
My registration was submitted on February 16, 2018
I have still not received my card.
My registration number is

WCB*****


LightHouse Dann Verner <lighthousedannverner@gmail.com>

AttachmentsWed, Jul 11, 3:50 PM
to LoblawInfo
I applied for this card the VERY first day you announced it on the news.  I still have yet to receive it, but neighbors who applied on the last eligible day got theirs. Makes me wonder if it was a scam.
I wrote a few times and was told it takes three months.
THEN BY CHANCE I CHECK MY STATUS TODAY AND SEE A NOTE FOR ME TO UPLOAD PROOF OF WHO I AM AND WHERE I LIVE.
SO, I JUST SENT YOU A PHOTO OF MY GOVERNMENT DISABILITY CHEQUE STUB. HOPEFULLY, THAT IS SUFFICE. (I will also include a copy with this correspondence.)
However, I must say that I am offended that you would even possibly believe that a 61 year old disabled man would somehow be scamming you.
ESPECIALLY A MAN WHO HAS WAITED SIX AND A HALF MONTHS PATIENTLY – WELL, PATIENTLY TILL THE LAST MONTH OR SO.
A man who shops at your NoFrills at Saint Clair and Victoria Park Avenue, right next  door to my building, daily for the past twenty or so years.
Talk about making someone feel like they are dishonest!!!!  I had to have had to been one of the very first to register for the card. In fact I registered so early, I had to wait to submit the final registration because YOUR system was not set up yet.
I feel offended and somewhat a target for unknown reasons. ESPECIALLY AFTER ALL THE TIMES I EMAILED AND ASKED WHAT WAS WRONG.
I even contacted you when I moved because I feared the new tenant at my old residence may have sent it back or whatever.
I just do not understand how my neighbours were bragging about how fast they got theirs and here I have been waiting since late January or early February.
And ever time I inquired I was told it was being ‘processed’. For almost thirty weeks it has been processed.
If not for seeing my neighbours with the actual cards I would have definitely believed this was a scam.
I STILL HAVE MY DOUBTS AND WILL UNTIL I ACTUALLY RECEIVE A CARD. ALTHOUGH, I WOULDN’T BE SURPRISED IF FOR SOME REASON YOU DENIED ME IT.
i AM OFFENDED THAT YOU WOULD BELIEVE A DISABLED SENIOR IS SOMEHOW SCAMMING YOU, YET, ALL MY YOUNG NEIGHBOURS AT BOTH MY OLD ADDRESS AND MY NEW ADDRESS GOT THEIRS AFTER REGISTERING MONTHS AFTER I HAD.
I forget when I actually applied. It was the very first day you released the information on CTV News. Your website says I registered February 16, 2018, but it was a couple of weeks before that.
I actually had to be one of the very first to have submitted a request. And for six months I have asked and wondered why.
If I had not gone to your website today to check (out of curiosity) I never would have known you wanted ‘PROOF”  I was not a low life trying to scam you.
No sent me an email asking for the proof either. So, if I hadn’t checked today I never would have known you thought me a scammer.
I suspect Loblaw’s will find another reason to delay or deny me again.
I hope not, but why else would it take a senior a half year but working young people next door and across the hall got theirs very fastidiously.
Anyways, here is the attachment they asked for
Which, by the way, my current address is:
Daniel Verner
 Dawes Road,
Toronto, Ontario
offendedly yours,
Daniel Verner
As you can see I was getting upset. I sent them the documents they asked for.
THEN THEY ASKED FOR THE SAME DOCUMENTS TWO MORE TIMES!!!
JULY 11, 2018 I RECEIVED THIS EMAIL …..
Dear DANIEL VERNER (Registration ID WCB******):
The $25 Loblaw Card program was designed to pay customers quickly and directly, without requiring proof of purchase or forcing customers to wait for a class action lawsuit.
Our plan to distribute tens of millions of dollars is a natural target for fraudulent behaviour by others. We are asking for your help to protect your interests and make sure that the money we want to pay you actually lands in your hands.
We have received your registration and ask that you provide us information to confirm your identity – specifically and only your name and residential address. We ask that you please submit a scanned or photographed copy of any current documentation that shows your name and residential address. For example, a utility or cell phone bill will do. Please note that we do NOT need the account or customer numbers so you can cover up or remove the numbers in the copy of what you send us.
You can submit a copy of your documents one of two ways:
1.Through the following secure link: http://www.loblawcard.ca/en/status.
2.By mail to Loblaw Card Program, P.O. Box 8111, Vancouver Main, Vancouver BC V6B 4E2. (Please do not send an original document).
Submitted documents will be used only to confirm identity. Once received, they will be verified and destroyed.
We require documentation within 30 days of the date of this email to complete your registration. After 30 days your registration will be rejected. If you have any questions, please contact us via email at info@LoblawCard.ca.
Thank you for registering for a $25 Loblaw Card.
Sincerely,
Program Administrator
So, I replied ….
I just sent it to you twice already  today! !!!  It took you six months to ask for this? ??
I’ll send it AGAIN.  Three times now in one day you’ve asked me for it.  Yet it took you over six months to ask. And why me? I know about ten people who applied a month ago and already received it. None of which were asked to supply anything.
They applied FIVE MONTHS after I did and already received the card.
Is there a reason you think me, a 61 year old disabled crippled man is commiting fraud, but the youngkids across the hall from me applied the very last day and already got one?
I’m offended that out if so many people I know I’m the only one who has waited since February and now you think a disabled  senior citizen is commiting fraud?
I’m dumbfounded by such prejudice.
Not too mention I shop at your store – which is right next door to my building for the last twenty some years EVERYDAY.
Here, for the third today – as requested is the proof that I’m not a fraud artist. I’ve sent it three times by email and twice now via the link.
If you think I am a senior citizen who goes around commiting crime I’m fine with that
Just say so.
Cause frankly, I’m quite insulted that today alone you have accused me 3 times.  And for some reason you keep asking for the proof.
What? The first three or four times you think I’ve forged or something.
And you never answered my questions in my previous emails.
Why do you think I am committing fraud?
And most of all why did it take you six months to accuse just me out of many people in my building who waited a few weeks and never got accused of being a crook.
I answered your questions.
Disgusted and offended ;
Sincerely;
Daniel A. VERNER
Which they replied on July 13, 2018 …..

Dear Daniel,
Thank you for your email. Your document has been received and will be reviewed.  We will contact you if we need any additional information is needed.  You may continue to monitor your registration status at the following path: https://www.loblawcard.ca/en/status

There are various triggers that might lead our administrators to ask for ID, like large numbers of registrations from a single address, multiple requests under a single or similar name, irregularities in a registration, and many others. We want to get money in the hands of our customers quickly. But, we want to make sure it’s actually landing in their hands.
This is part of the standard approach of administering a program like this one, which is why the registration form indicates that ID may be requested in some cases.
Sincerely,
Program Administrator
CC
Here is the email content I sent them today …
“So, it’s been  over seven months since I applied for your rebate card. 
My claim number is WCB3757269
I wrote a few times now.
Received vague answers.
More or less got accused Iof attempted fraud.  Three times you made me submit proof I wasn’t a liar.
I  was actually  one of the first to apply as I applied the very first day you announced the plan.
I’ve seen numerous young people receive their cards.
Which leads me to believe Loblaws only thinks elderly people are liars.
I’m writing CBC and CTV and forwarding all the emails and info I have received  from this site since February 16, 2018.
As I stated the THIRD time you requested proof of address from me, I am offended that Loblaws has blatantly singled me out and has had seven months to send the card.
I’ll also start a Facebook page to inquire how many other seniors have not received these cards.
Perhaps it was just a few who received cards just to stop the public and media outcry for the price fixing scam you were part of?
Let’s see what the public’s verdict is.
Like my grandmother once said to me, “Once dishonest,  always dishonest”.
I’ll be honest enough to send you the various links to the blogs and inquiries I am initiating today.
Sincerely,
Dan Verner, “
Leaves me to wonder if they are scamming the public by just sending out a few cards so as to avoid a class action law suit.
So, I ask you Loblaws, “Are you yet again scamming your customers like you have already by price fixing the bread products? What over scams could you be running on the very people who make your stores exist???
Leaves me wondering what Theodore Loblaw and John Cork would think of this fiasco ……

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Court still prohibits marijuana possession

Court still prohibits marijuana possession Shannon Kari, National Post Published: Thursday, December 11, 2008 The prohibition against simple possession of marijuana has been upheld by an Ontario Superior Court judge, in a closely watched case that stemmed from the prosecution of Clifford Long, who was arrested by Toronto police with $40 worth of cannabis. Justice Eva Frank overturned a decision by a lower court judge last year that found there was no valid restriction against possession of cannabis because of flaws with the country's medical marijuana regulations. The lower court decision led to confusion about prosecuting simple possession cases in Ontario, said the federal government in its arguments before Judge Frank earlier this year. The federal Crown argued that the present policies of Health Canada have resulted in enough marijuana for the nearly 2,000 people with medical certificates to possess the drug. Judge Frank agreed with the arguments made by federal government lawy

Demons Of Guilt

Menu The LightHouse Dann Verner Some say my that my life has been a tragic sad tale. Only from their view point. Having lived through my life I can say it has been a damn good ride. I fear not dying for to die is final. To be waiting for that one final jolt of pain is extremely difficult to deal with. DEMONS OF GUILT This is a reflection of the pain I am going through as I finish my son’s biography. Delaney Jordan McLean Verner, 29 years old. Jordan “Bubba” Verner On Christmas morning 2019, hung himself in a town called Black Diamond . An obscure town in the underbelly of Alberta, Canada. He and his wife of 12 years, Katelyn had gone their to start a new life. Hoping to escape the homelessness rut and street life they were “Groundhog Day “  living on the streets of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. A dream that collapsed and left them stranded, freezing and hungry. Only to have Alberta Social Services rudely tell him and his wife to “Go home”. By any way they could. But, a big “but”….. Adding

My Opinion Regarding the Israeli/Hamas War

  Listen to this episode on Spotify or wherever you stream podcasts. How can it be all right for one side of a war ( Israel)  to bomb innocent civilians, but not okay for the other side ( Hamas)  to do so? Common sense would tell you that the majority of the people living in the Gaza strip are not supporters of the barbarism of the Hamas. They would much rather be living peaceful lives. Not living under the reign of fear from the Hamas. Largest part of the Gaza strip problem is that if the Hamas were to allow the innocent to leave, where could they go? Israel? Egypt? The majority of the Palestinian people are in the same boat as the average citizen of Afghanistan, Iraq or Syria. They are labeled and condemned by the actions of their governing leaders. The terrorist government controls every and all aspects of their everyday lives. You can not believe that all Palestinian citizens want to go to war. Their hands are tied and their voices are silenced by their leaders If they were to spea