Skip to main content

Don't Believe Everything You Research On The Net

 Thankfully, I turn sixty-six on October the 5th.

Otherwise I would be worried.

Five years ago on October 22, 2018 at eleven fifteen in the morning I was diagnosed with Stage IV Squamous Cell Carcinoma and Pharyngeal Cancer.

At that time they told me that I was beyond the point of conventional treatments and that the best option was to allow them to remove my tongue, larynx and part of my esophagus. Then they would use a muscle from my forearm to construct a tongue.

I immediately refused.

There is no way that I would allow my family and loved ones to have a vision of me as a Frankenstein as their last memory.

Their last memory of me will be me smiling and telling them how much I appreciated sharing life with them.

The doctors told me that I would be lucky if I survived till the end of January 2019. Eight to ten weeks.

I am not one to give in to defeat.

I participated in a radical radiation therapy whereas I received eighty, yes 80, rounds of Harwins Protocol radiation treatments in twenty sessions. Two double sessions six hours apart over twenty days. Quite more extreme than regular radiation therapy.

It succeeded in destroying the large tumor at the base of my tongue. Leaving in it’s wake a very large hole.

My tongue is now barely attached to my esophagus. A thin layer of muscle on either side is all that secures it.

The radiation succeeded in destroying the six smaller tumors in my head and neck regions.

The cancer has destroyed much of my throat.

My hyoid bone is detached on one side.

My esophagus and bronchial airway are severely scarred and damaged making it necessary for me to breathe through a permanent trachea airway.

I lost my gallbladder, all my lymph nodes, a severe abscess caused me to lose part of my large bowel, one kidney has failed, it was necessary to dissect a third of my liver and then, the “coupe de gras”, my spleen exploded and I bled out, died, was resuscitated and back on life support for the eleventh time.

I’m still standing.

I’m still smiling.

I still have cancer.

I still have no available treatment.

I have no fear of death. Been there eleven times documented.

I have no reason whatsoever to NOT smile.

In my sixty-six years I have experienced more than most could ever imagine.

I have experienced abandonment.

As I have care.

I have taken life.

I have given life.

I have witnessed unimaginable horror.

I have witnessed unimaginable joy.

My life had many, too many, years of sadness, tragedy and addiction.

All products of choices I willingly made.

I have moved past my shames and embarrassments.

In these, my final years, I have matured to the point that I now only speak what I believe is truth. I will not lie for any reason or person.

I refuse to allow conflict or drama in my life. Nothing good can come from senseless banter.

I smile as much as possible.

Even when I cannot smile, I smile still.

I cry alone into the darkness of the night.

I keep my sorrows and my despair between my Creators and my soul.

To quote the song ‘Lost Boy’ by Greg Holden ….

“I will not be commanded. I will not be controlled. I will not let my future go on without the help of my soul.”

I have a calling I have yet to fulfill. My time is not yet.

In closing let me say that you should never self diagnose on the internet. It is fine to research your affliction, but do not draw your own conclusions without discussing your findings with your health care providers.

For example…

Most reading the following search results would panick. Not realizing that this is a merely an average percentage from thousands of cases.

Do not take everything you research as gospel truth. Talk to your doctors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Court still prohibits marijuana possession

Court still prohibits marijuana possession Shannon Kari, National Post Published: Thursday, December 11, 2008 The prohibition against simple possession of marijuana has been upheld by an Ontario Superior Court judge, in a closely watched case that stemmed from the prosecution of Clifford Long, who was arrested by Toronto police with $40 worth of cannabis. Justice Eva Frank overturned a decision by a lower court judge last year that found there was no valid restriction against possession of cannabis because of flaws with the country's medical marijuana regulations. The lower court decision led to confusion about prosecuting simple possession cases in Ontario, said the federal government in its arguments before Judge Frank earlier this year. The federal Crown argued that the present policies of Health Canada have resulted in enough marijuana for the nearly 2,000 people with medical certificates to possess the drug. Judge Frank agreed with the arguments made by federal government lawy

Demons Of Guilt

Menu The LightHouse Dann Verner Some say my that my life has been a tragic sad tale. Only from their view point. Having lived through my life I can say it has been a damn good ride. I fear not dying for to die is final. To be waiting for that one final jolt of pain is extremely difficult to deal with. DEMONS OF GUILT This is a reflection of the pain I am going through as I finish my son’s biography. Delaney Jordan McLean Verner, 29 years old. Jordan “Bubba” Verner On Christmas morning 2019, hung himself in a town called Black Diamond . An obscure town in the underbelly of Alberta, Canada. He and his wife of 12 years, Katelyn had gone their to start a new life. Hoping to escape the homelessness rut and street life they were “Groundhog Day “  living on the streets of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. A dream that collapsed and left them stranded, freezing and hungry. Only to have Alberta Social Services rudely tell him and his wife to “Go home”. By any way they could. But, a big “but”….. Adding

My Opinion Regarding the Israeli/Hamas War

  Listen to this episode on Spotify or wherever you stream podcasts. How can it be all right for one side of a war ( Israel)  to bomb innocent civilians, but not okay for the other side ( Hamas)  to do so? Common sense would tell you that the majority of the people living in the Gaza strip are not supporters of the barbarism of the Hamas. They would much rather be living peaceful lives. Not living under the reign of fear from the Hamas. Largest part of the Gaza strip problem is that if the Hamas were to allow the innocent to leave, where could they go? Israel? Egypt? The majority of the Palestinian people are in the same boat as the average citizen of Afghanistan, Iraq or Syria. They are labeled and condemned by the actions of their governing leaders. The terrorist government controls every and all aspects of their everyday lives. You can not believe that all Palestinian citizens want to go to war. Their hands are tied and their voices are silenced by their leaders If they were to spea