Skip to main content

Identity Theft - Who Would Want To Be Me?

I have just discovered that someone has hacked into my life via a fake PayPal account.
I am truly baffled as to why anyone would want to be ME.
On a good day I would rather be someone else.
I live off of less than $1500 per month. My rent is $995, Internet $60 and cell phones $90. Then add in food, bus fare and school supplies for my son and there is a deficit.
These low-life scumbags have turned my life upside-down. All my finances are frozen. I have gone six weeks with no income whatsoever!
Everyday is a struggle just to come up with $4 for bus fare for my boy to attend school.
I strongly fear it is going to get much worse.
Today I received a bill for $4,323.58 for a Canadian Tire Card I never have had.
How they got a credit card is beyond me. I have tried numerous times to obtain a MasterCard to no avail.
Yet these pricks ran up over four grand on a card they obtained.
2018-05-14 211282434765..jpeg
My credit is so bad that even I refuse to lend me money.
I am irresponsible with credit.
(Unless it is for a drug cartel, then I most certainly pay my bill on time. Honest, read my Walking on Dawes books.)
All jokes aside, I do not understand how they obtained the credit cards. I cannot comprehend why they would use the identity of someone who makes less the twenty thousand a year.
I have faith that eventually it will all be straightened out. No doubts whatsoever.
I would be lying through my remaining aged teeth if I were to say I am ok and surviving.
The past few weeks have been very difficult.
As I said prior, just to somehow come up with a measly $4 bus fare daily, groceries are out of the equation all together and laundry, well, the boy and I stink.
Sorry neighbours …….
Hopefully my account holds will be released very soon or, if you fail to hear from me, I will be out hunting for meat, toilet paper and salt and pepper.
Yes, we are so poor we do not have salt and pepper.
My only other income other than my pension is my books. Most authors make very little money. We write because we enjoy writing and we usually have a tale to speak of or a lesson learned to pass forward.
I have gone to sleep these many past nights, as I will tonight, wondering not only ‘how’ they managed to do it, but also ‘why me’.
It dumbfounds me – truth spoken.
received_884540868414638.gif
As a sixty year old single parent living off an income meant for one, meals and such for the past month and next few weeks are going to be and have been a tear filled magical act.
You know you are poor when you cannot even afford salt and pepper.
I will pray tonight that one of my well written bad books lands in Oprah’s lap and she endorses me meager self.
Until then, I shall remain “Dann” – just as I am. The original LightHouse Shakie Dann Verner.

Namaste’ my friends and strangers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Court still prohibits marijuana possession

Court still prohibits marijuana possession Shannon Kari, National Post Published: Thursday, December 11, 2008 The prohibition against simple possession of marijuana has been upheld by an Ontario Superior Court judge, in a closely watched case that stemmed from the prosecution of Clifford Long, who was arrested by Toronto police with $40 worth of cannabis. Justice Eva Frank overturned a decision by a lower court judge last year that found there was no valid restriction against possession of cannabis because of flaws with the country's medical marijuana regulations. The lower court decision led to confusion about prosecuting simple possession cases in Ontario, said the federal government in its arguments before Judge Frank earlier this year. The federal Crown argued that the present policies of Health Canada have resulted in enough marijuana for the nearly 2,000 people with medical certificates to possess the drug. Judge Frank agreed with the arguments made by federal government lawy

Demons Of Guilt

Menu The LightHouse Dann Verner Some say my that my life has been a tragic sad tale. Only from their view point. Having lived through my life I can say it has been a damn good ride. I fear not dying for to die is final. To be waiting for that one final jolt of pain is extremely difficult to deal with. DEMONS OF GUILT This is a reflection of the pain I am going through as I finish my son’s biography. Delaney Jordan McLean Verner, 29 years old. Jordan “Bubba” Verner On Christmas morning 2019, hung himself in a town called Black Diamond . An obscure town in the underbelly of Alberta, Canada. He and his wife of 12 years, Katelyn had gone their to start a new life. Hoping to escape the homelessness rut and street life they were “Groundhog Day “  living on the streets of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. A dream that collapsed and left them stranded, freezing and hungry. Only to have Alberta Social Services rudely tell him and his wife to “Go home”. By any way they could. But, a big “but”….. Adding

My Opinion Regarding the Israeli/Hamas War

  Listen to this episode on Spotify or wherever you stream podcasts. How can it be all right for one side of a war ( Israel)  to bomb innocent civilians, but not okay for the other side ( Hamas)  to do so? Common sense would tell you that the majority of the people living in the Gaza strip are not supporters of the barbarism of the Hamas. They would much rather be living peaceful lives. Not living under the reign of fear from the Hamas. Largest part of the Gaza strip problem is that if the Hamas were to allow the innocent to leave, where could they go? Israel? Egypt? The majority of the Palestinian people are in the same boat as the average citizen of Afghanistan, Iraq or Syria. They are labeled and condemned by the actions of their governing leaders. The terrorist government controls every and all aspects of their everyday lives. You can not believe that all Palestinian citizens want to go to war. Their hands are tied and their voices are silenced by their leaders If they were to spea