Skip to main content

The Demon's Rest

 https://open.spotify.com/episode/4whkUiPxgsfyp4ZGQ6i3NF?si=32110ba3bc034aa2

I do not understand how people can go through life angry or depressed.


There was a time I did. Seems like a lifetime ago.


Never again depression will hold onto me, nor drag my heart into misery.


Depression pulled me into the void with her cold steely tentacles.


The darkness squeezed tightly around my heart, my soul and my testicles.


Decades of accumulated tragedy and loss my body’s dark cloak. The monochrome opposite of Joseph’s Technicolor Dreamcoat.


Once trapped within the Darkness of despair your life loses it’s direction.


There lay no lifes destination. Your portrait of the future a dismal swirling abyss. There are no safe ports in the storms of depression.


Your heart saddened by emptiness and self-loathing. Your emotions a turmoil of doubt.


Depression is much like cancer. They often walk hand in hand. Feeding off each other’s Darkness and solitary life.


The longer it is left untreated the more it sours. It’s bitterness will gnaw at your insides until physically and emotionally you numb.


Follow that comes hopelessness. The lack of desire to bother going on.


A couch is now your closest friend.


False reality daytime television becomes your therapist.


In your mind your life is an episode of “The Twilight Zone.”


Negative emotions can sentence you to a life of misery, or many periods of tragedy.


Is that anyway for anyone to live? Is this a life you would choose?


Believe me when I say that no one should have to experience the agonies of life’s defeats.


I have been through the worse of the worst. To the point where I took my own life. I left the building. I took the cowards ride to the other side.


November 2002 after three years of medical turmoil and a severe medical Fentanyl addiction, combined with numerous personal upheavals, I purposely ate every pill I had and died.


Life had lost it’s value.


What a surprise to me when days later I awoke to the harmonious symphony of the various life support apparatus.


Upon the realization that the sons of bitches and their modern medical technology brought my defeated ass back to life.


“Damn you Noxalone!”


Back to ride my trail of Darkness yet more.


You have some extremely interesting and livid thoughts flash through your mind as you lay there paralyzed, your lungs being inflated and deflated by a machine.


At first I regretted the revival. I was not a Sunday church. The sermons of my life were to have ceased when I lay deceased.


Whether, it was the nightmares or the day ‘mares‘ made no difference. Unable to say that you are alive and well there you lay and lay and lay.


Doubts rage through your mind like shooting stars. You wonder if your suicide was a success and this is your Purgatory, perhaps your Hell. For Heaven it is not.


It changed me. It humbled me. Then it humbled me some more.


I am now a thrice humbled man.


I did not regret dying.


I regret that I resorted to suicide. Especially when my best friend and my oldest brother had recently committed suicide.


At the time I felt it necessary that my life was best cancelled.


In my depressive delusion I believed life to be void and meaningless.


Reflecting back I am satisfied with the outcome handed to me.


Although severe, it was a much needed lesson in life. A crossroads. The greatest and most important decision I was ever to make.


At that exact moment I chose to forever be, as pleased and joyful as life can be.


I vowed that never again would I allow the Darkness to embrace me.


To repel all drama, arguments, lies and deceits. Step away from all negativity that may I meet.


A treasure rich than all to be. A life, my life that day gifted to me.


A reason to smile, happier be. My death, a life, it gifted me.


Yesteryear no thoughts of what lay in store for me. I had no time set aside for the inner me.


Life’s new lease born a happier me. I searched out that which amused thee.


I bath myself in life’s Golden Light. Knowing now all life’s worth fight.


The voices of life loudly exclaim, lay no one with blame.


A smile changes everything. Two smiles change anything.


Life is based upon choices. Fueled by happiness rejoices.


I live now only in positivity. There lay no room for negativity


My life’s at its best, believe you me. If only through my eyes could you see.


I made a solemn vow to me, I will never be anything except happy.


I live this new life, truth be told, now full of riches greater than gold.


Many people think I am a man like no other. Unorthodox and unpredictable in many a way.


“How does he find humour and jokes in all things?”, often they state.


“For every shaft of Darkness dark there shines a pillar of Light’s Light.”, the boom of my voice billows back.


To live a life with pride and compassion you must teach yourself to find the beauty in all about you.


You have free choice and that choice is yours alone. Choose not to be a depressed cliche clone.


Choose happiness for your home.


I no longer understand how people can go through life angry and depressed.


There was a time I did. Seems like a lifetime ago now.


Though the battle of Light vs Dark will always be.


I put that Demon to rest, don’t you see?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Court still prohibits marijuana possession

Court still prohibits marijuana possession Shannon Kari, National Post Published: Thursday, December 11, 2008 The prohibition against simple possession of marijuana has been upheld by an Ontario Superior Court judge, in a closely watched case that stemmed from the prosecution of Clifford Long, who was arrested by Toronto police with $40 worth of cannabis. Justice Eva Frank overturned a decision by a lower court judge last year that found there was no valid restriction against possession of cannabis because of flaws with the country's medical marijuana regulations. The lower court decision led to confusion about prosecuting simple possession cases in Ontario, said the federal government in its arguments before Judge Frank earlier this year. The federal Crown argued that the present policies of Health Canada have resulted in enough marijuana for the nearly 2,000 people with medical certificates to possess the drug. Judge Frank agreed with the arguments made by federal government lawy

Demons Of Guilt

Menu The LightHouse Dann Verner Some say my that my life has been a tragic sad tale. Only from their view point. Having lived through my life I can say it has been a damn good ride. I fear not dying for to die is final. To be waiting for that one final jolt of pain is extremely difficult to deal with. DEMONS OF GUILT This is a reflection of the pain I am going through as I finish my son’s biography. Delaney Jordan McLean Verner, 29 years old. Jordan “Bubba” Verner On Christmas morning 2019, hung himself in a town called Black Diamond . An obscure town in the underbelly of Alberta, Canada. He and his wife of 12 years, Katelyn had gone their to start a new life. Hoping to escape the homelessness rut and street life they were “Groundhog Day “  living on the streets of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. A dream that collapsed and left them stranded, freezing and hungry. Only to have Alberta Social Services rudely tell him and his wife to “Go home”. By any way they could. But, a big “but”….. Adding

My Opinion Regarding the Israeli/Hamas War

  Listen to this episode on Spotify or wherever you stream podcasts. How can it be all right for one side of a war ( Israel)  to bomb innocent civilians, but not okay for the other side ( Hamas)  to do so? Common sense would tell you that the majority of the people living in the Gaza strip are not supporters of the barbarism of the Hamas. They would much rather be living peaceful lives. Not living under the reign of fear from the Hamas. Largest part of the Gaza strip problem is that if the Hamas were to allow the innocent to leave, where could they go? Israel? Egypt? The majority of the Palestinian people are in the same boat as the average citizen of Afghanistan, Iraq or Syria. They are labeled and condemned by the actions of their governing leaders. The terrorist government controls every and all aspects of their everyday lives. You can not believe that all Palestinian citizens want to go to war. Their hands are tied and their voices are silenced by their leaders If they were to spea