Skip to main content

Follow Up To My Previous Post Regarding The Deplorable Treatment I received At The Toronto Western Hospital

As you can read in my blog, "The Deplorable Way I Was Treated By Toronto’s The University Health Network", which I published on November 22, 2023, I was in my opinion treated very unprofessional and cruel by all the staff in the ER of Toronto Western.

I am not one who will just run away with my tail between my legs and let matters of concern left undealt with.

This is the response I received from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.

(I left out the original email I sent as you can view that on my blog)

Dear D. Verner,
Thank you for your email to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.
As it appears your concerns are related to the care you received by the nursing staff, you would need to contact the College of Nurses of Ontario. I have provided their contact information and a link to their website below:

The College of Nurses of Ontario
101 Davenport Road
Toronto ON M5R 3P1
Phone: 416-963-7503
Toll free: 1-877-963-7503
Email: PublicComplaints@cnomail.org
Website: https://www.cno.org/

Sincerely,
Liz Patterson (she/her)


Administrative Assistant | Patient and Public Help Centre
College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
80 College Street | Toronto, Ontario | M5G 2E2
www.cpso.on.ca


TRUSTED DOCTORS PROVIDING GREAT CARE
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email, including any attachments, is confidential and may be privileged. No rights to that privilege are waived. Only the intended recipient is authorized to read or use this email. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this email, without copying, printing or disclosing it.


Following is an email I have sent to the Patient Relations at the Toronto Western Hospital. I have not heard back from them as yet. The email clearly states the nature of and the reason I have written to them.

I cannot believe the deplorable way I was treated and how the staff absolutely refused to let me explain why and who sent me to the emergency. Nor could I believe that during the duration of the visit I had to repeat everything 23 times and each time I complained about pain or the wait I was told I had the "OPTION" to leave. Then at the end of my visit the nurse literally threw three morphine pills at me without staying to watch me take them or even offer me water and rudely said, "Go home!" Then when I asked if I was going via ambulance as I was told not to chance riding the transit with my cauda equina she returned and again THREW a Presto Bus Ticket in my face and briskly walked away stating, "Leave!"

It is a sad picture of our health care when a patient cannot speak up without being told, "You have the op[tion to just leave if you wish." A statement I heard repeated to many patients throughout my 30 hour stay.

I can only sit and pray now that I do not have another fall or something happens that leaves me a paraplegic.

sincerely;
Daniel Verner

Now, here is the response to the above email I sent back to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.

Which I was sure they would respond exactly as they did and "pass the buck" and blame onto some other government agency. In this case as you see above, The College of Nurses of Ontario.

Thank you for your response. It was not only the nursing staff. The doctors brushed me off and refused my requests to listen to why I was there. In my whole time there they only would dispense my morning medications and 2 doses of my breakthrough medications that I normally receive every 2 hours. I never received my afternoon, evening or following medications including my heart, bladder and other meds. 

All facets of the ER treated me like I was a liar - both the doctors that did speak to me refused to read my Portal notes and actually called me a liar saying no one told me to come in. The nurses said that numerous times and insinuated that I was there for pills. 

But, I knew when I contacted you that you would "pass the buck". It's the way of the new seniors care. 

Yes, I do sound sarcastic and rude. I feel considering their response I have every such right to be upset.

As I was typing the above sentence I received this further response from the College. A prime example as to why the state of our healthcare, especially for we seniors, is the way it is.

Dear D. Verner,

Thank you for your follow up email.

Please be advised that the College can only investigate concerns about a specific physician(s). You may submit any concerns about the conduct of an Ontario physician by using our online complaint form through our website:

https://www.cpso.on.ca/Public/Services/Complaints

Please be advised that, prior to being able to make a submission, you will be required to watch a short video. Once you have completed watching the full video, you will be able to access the complaint form link directly below the video.

Which tells me that I am wasting my time attempting to find justification through political channels.

As suggested by Liz Patterson from the College of Physicians of Ontario, I wrote the following to the College of Nurses of Ontario.

I have great doubt that they will give a care either. (If per chance I do receive a response I will amend this post and include it.)

I had written to the College of Physicians and Surgeons and they more or less "passed the buck" to you telling me that what took place was the actions of the nurses and not the doctors. In reality, it was the entire medical staff at the ER. 

Here is the email. I am sure you will find it quite self explanatory.

Following is an email I have sent to the Patient Relations at the Toronto Western Hospital. I have not heard back from them as yet. The email clearly states the nature of and the reason I have written to them.

I cannot believe the deplorable way I was treated and how the staff absolutely refused to let me explain why and who sent me to the emergency. 

Nor could I believe that during the duration of the visit I had to repeat everything 23 times and each time I complained about pain or the wait I was told I had the "OPTION" to leave. 

Then at the end of my visit the nurse literally threw three morphine pills at me without staying to watch me take them or even offer me water and rudely said, "Go home!" 

Then when I asked if I was going via ambulance as I was told not to chance riding the transit with my cauda equina she returned and again THREW a Presto Bus Ticket in my face and briskly walked away stating, "Leave!"

It is a sad picture of our health care when a patient cannot speak up without being told, "You have the option to just leave if you wish." 

A statement I heard repeated to many patients throughout my 30 hour stay.

I can only sit and pray now that I do not have another fall or something happens that leaves me a paraplegic.

sincerely;

Daniel Verner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Court still prohibits marijuana possession

Court still prohibits marijuana possession Shannon Kari, National Post Published: Thursday, December 11, 2008 The prohibition against simple possession of marijuana has been upheld by an Ontario Superior Court judge, in a closely watched case that stemmed from the prosecution of Clifford Long, who was arrested by Toronto police with $40 worth of cannabis. Justice Eva Frank overturned a decision by a lower court judge last year that found there was no valid restriction against possession of cannabis because of flaws with the country's medical marijuana regulations. The lower court decision led to confusion about prosecuting simple possession cases in Ontario, said the federal government in its arguments before Judge Frank earlier this year. The federal Crown argued that the present policies of Health Canada have resulted in enough marijuana for the nearly 2,000 people with medical certificates to possess the drug. Judge Frank agreed with the arguments made by federal government lawy

Demons Of Guilt

Menu The LightHouse Dann Verner Some say my that my life has been a tragic sad tale. Only from their view point. Having lived through my life I can say it has been a damn good ride. I fear not dying for to die is final. To be waiting for that one final jolt of pain is extremely difficult to deal with. DEMONS OF GUILT This is a reflection of the pain I am going through as I finish my son’s biography. Delaney Jordan McLean Verner, 29 years old. Jordan “Bubba” Verner On Christmas morning 2019, hung himself in a town called Black Diamond . An obscure town in the underbelly of Alberta, Canada. He and his wife of 12 years, Katelyn had gone their to start a new life. Hoping to escape the homelessness rut and street life they were “Groundhog Day “  living on the streets of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. A dream that collapsed and left them stranded, freezing and hungry. Only to have Alberta Social Services rudely tell him and his wife to “Go home”. By any way they could. But, a big “but”….. Adding

My Opinion Regarding the Israeli/Hamas War

  Listen to this episode on Spotify or wherever you stream podcasts. How can it be all right for one side of a war ( Israel)  to bomb innocent civilians, but not okay for the other side ( Hamas)  to do so? Common sense would tell you that the majority of the people living in the Gaza strip are not supporters of the barbarism of the Hamas. They would much rather be living peaceful lives. Not living under the reign of fear from the Hamas. Largest part of the Gaza strip problem is that if the Hamas were to allow the innocent to leave, where could they go? Israel? Egypt? The majority of the Palestinian people are in the same boat as the average citizen of Afghanistan, Iraq or Syria. They are labeled and condemned by the actions of their governing leaders. The terrorist government controls every and all aspects of their everyday lives. You can not believe that all Palestinian citizens want to go to war. Their hands are tied and their voices are silenced by their leaders If they were to spea