Skip to main content

BANG!

BANG!

Bang! ...................We hear it in the evening, we read about it during the day and we live it continuously.

Gang!.................... Our society has always had them, sometimes under the guise of “GROUPS”, or “CLUBS” or, sometimes, as the ever so elusive “ASSOCIATIONS”.

Our children have been forced into this humanistic behaviorism by the instilled genetic wanderlust to be needed, to be protected, to feel important. The Cosmic Muffin set upon us the freedoms of choice – the knowledge between 'right' and 'wrong' . It is 'we' who have misinterpreted the meaning of what is in our natural existence and the constant craving to be a “PART” of our individual and collective societal dance.

My heart aches every time I hear the thunder of gunfire, my skeletal framework throbs in agony when I read of another fallen youth and my mind cries to the Heavens when I am forced to watch the visualization of “MURDER” on my six o'clock news.

As many of you are already aware, I once walked the path of a gang member, I strolled through life with ill regard for anyone and everyone, even my self. I hurt and abused many people – and like all and most who chose that “Walk of Life” - I crashed. I traded my humanity, my dignity, my youth and my family's contentment to be a “FEARED” member, or perhaps a dirge, upon your life.

And it ended with my living in a small box, in a place I belonged – but did not want to be and it left my family with a dark sadness that had no relief for the ache in their hearts. Thirty years later my reputation is still following me. I.E.: 'A simple matter like being stopped for a traffic violation results in my having to “Assume the position” and lay upon the ground at gunpoint “till backup arrives”.'

Over three decades I have lived this, and I always will, due to the fact that the judicial system and society never forgets. My sincerity in my quest to help my fellow human – to pass my knowledge unto those who need to “WALK WITH DANN” is constantly affected by my past life.

Yet, when I “Walk with Dann” and not stroll with “Shakie”, (my past life name handle) I do so with my head held very high, a neighbourly smile of love upon my face and the knowledge that I can readily admit to being who I “was”, but I also acknowledge that although “Shakie” does still dwell within my 'ID', he is also acknowledged as 'Persona non Gratia' . I often have to be kicked in the groin to remember this and I thank the Creator for allowing me to have balls for someone to kick.

It is through the love and overstanding of friends and acquaintances, like yourself, that I am blessed to get swollen testicles and receive that “life nudge” to allow me to get back on the A Train and off the roller coaster to Hades.

I thank you.

NOW, what of our future? How will we pass on the knowledge we accumulate through our past mistakes and life lessons? I have this medium and I have the gift of gab and my repentant of “honesty” that guides and permits me to spread my knowledge.

Recently, I sat and reminisced how many funerals of friends and foes I have witnessed in my five decades of existence in this space/time continuum. Sadly, it numbers beyond comprehension – the actual total is somewhere above sixty. Sixty, 6 with a 0, two times thirty – to witness sixty lifeforms pass onto the next plain – to be buried deep into the bowels of Mother Earth and serve as fruit for worms – is a torrential pain of the very soul.

The punishment for my part in my chosen lifestyle was to be allowed to die seven times and return to reset my path and become the LightHouse that I am.

It is now the time of man, the time of change and it is also the time for voice. Human character is hard to reason with, difficult to change, BUT, it must change or Mother Earth, the Cosmic Muffin or whosoever you perceive your Creator to be will rake our backs with the realization of Truth.

Become verbal! Speak, people, speak! Music is the numeral uno medium, everyone listens and sings along with a song with a catchy beat and meaningful lyrics.

The Led Zeppelin entitled tune, “The Song Remains The Same” only pertains to that singular song. We have already sung that too many times. “Gangster” rap and “Bling Bling” Hip Hop sends out a message, but is it the right one? Just as “Country and Western” music tells us that divorce, losing your children, your dog dying and the theft of your red-necked pick-up truck is “life”, and, even our “Classical” music is full of sorrow and life lessons.

How many of our teenager's youth should be stolen by the quest to become exasperated by the need to have more then their neighbours? How many mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters have to cry the tears of loss at the edge of a muddy hole as the physical form of their precious loved one is lowered into the bowels of our dearest Mother Earth?

I remember many songs from past era's that sang of love, family and most of all “PEACE”. Can you remember the heart moving and thought provoking messages of the likes of The Beatles, Donavan, Arlo Guthrie, Bob Dylan, The Mamma's & Pappa's and – let us never forget the most popular anthem of peace and unity ever written, “Give Peace A Chance” by John Lennon and Yoko Ono.

“ALL WE ARE SAYING IS 'GIVE PEACE A CHANCE' – SUCH A SIMPLIFIED VERBAL UTTERANCE THAT RELAYS SUCH A POWERFUL MESSAGE.”

This song is, was and will be forever a part of everyone's life. Young and old alike know of it. There are few who cannot sing along with the lyrical genius pertained within.

Recently, Yoko Ono has remixed the song allowing it to slip into today's culture, THANK YOU YOKO!!!. Thank you for the perpetual motion of love and peace that you and John have given and instilled in me and others like me. Mother Earth thanks you, for, someday, the whole world will overstand your message and break down the barriers of our collective barbarisms and we shall all move in the rhythm of unified peace, love and oneness with this Big Blue Marble that we have been so graciously gifted with.

I cannot close my ears, nor mine eyes to the BANGS or to the downgrading of our very lifestyles. I ache for the brethren who find it necessary to bring violence into their and our daily lives. Like Josiah M.G. Bonnet sings in his song “Just Can't Stand The Fuss and Fight”..................................................

“I wish all Jah's people could live as one, under Jah's moon and under Jah's sun. I just can't stand the fuss and fight everyday and every night, oh no, oh no.”

CAN YOU STAND IT?

I leave you on this day with my love, my overstanding of that which is and that which will be. I bless upon you my Karma. I send my beacon of LIGHT to you and yours and theirs and those.

I ask of you a simple task, that you reach out to the misled youth, those who have been brainwashed by our televised crap, the wrongful message portrayed by those who believe money and bling is what life is about and relay OUR MESSAGE.

Whether you do so by song, literature or even a one person theatrical play, just do so. If today we reach one – then perhaps tomorrow they will reach two – and only the Creator knows what may happen next.

To quote the Counting Crows , “Around here we always stand up straight, around here something radiates....”

PEACE MY BRETHREN, PEACE FROM I AND I TO I!!!!!!!

Special note to Yoko Ono.....Happy Seventy fifth birthday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Court still prohibits marijuana possession

Court still prohibits marijuana possession Shannon Kari, National Post Published: Thursday, December 11, 2008 The prohibition against simple possession of marijuana has been upheld by an Ontario Superior Court judge, in a closely watched case that stemmed from the prosecution of Clifford Long, who was arrested by Toronto police with $40 worth of cannabis. Justice Eva Frank overturned a decision by a lower court judge last year that found there was no valid restriction against possession of cannabis because of flaws with the country's medical marijuana regulations. The lower court decision led to confusion about prosecuting simple possession cases in Ontario, said the federal government in its arguments before Judge Frank earlier this year. The federal Crown argued that the present policies of Health Canada have resulted in enough marijuana for the nearly 2,000 people with medical certificates to possess the drug. Judge Frank agreed with the arguments made by federal government lawy

Demons Of Guilt

Menu The LightHouse Dann Verner Some say my that my life has been a tragic sad tale. Only from their view point. Having lived through my life I can say it has been a damn good ride. I fear not dying for to die is final. To be waiting for that one final jolt of pain is extremely difficult to deal with. DEMONS OF GUILT This is a reflection of the pain I am going through as I finish my son’s biography. Delaney Jordan McLean Verner, 29 years old. Jordan “Bubba” Verner On Christmas morning 2019, hung himself in a town called Black Diamond . An obscure town in the underbelly of Alberta, Canada. He and his wife of 12 years, Katelyn had gone their to start a new life. Hoping to escape the homelessness rut and street life they were “Groundhog Day “  living on the streets of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. A dream that collapsed and left them stranded, freezing and hungry. Only to have Alberta Social Services rudely tell him and his wife to “Go home”. By any way they could. But, a big “but”….. Adding

My Opinion Regarding the Israeli/Hamas War

  Listen to this episode on Spotify or wherever you stream podcasts. How can it be all right for one side of a war ( Israel)  to bomb innocent civilians, but not okay for the other side ( Hamas)  to do so? Common sense would tell you that the majority of the people living in the Gaza strip are not supporters of the barbarism of the Hamas. They would much rather be living peaceful lives. Not living under the reign of fear from the Hamas. Largest part of the Gaza strip problem is that if the Hamas were to allow the innocent to leave, where could they go? Israel? Egypt? The majority of the Palestinian people are in the same boat as the average citizen of Afghanistan, Iraq or Syria. They are labeled and condemned by the actions of their governing leaders. The terrorist government controls every and all aspects of their everyday lives. You can not believe that all Palestinian citizens want to go to war. Their hands are tied and their voices are silenced by their leaders If they were to spea