Skip to main content

Dying Dann's Adventures With Death #6

Since I was diagnosed with my cancers on October 22nd, 2018, I have had many, many good days bad days. Long weeks, short weeks.

I have had lost days. My mind having been scrambled by the tumors and whatever.

I was rarely scared of dying until these past two or so months.

Before that I would have greeted Death with arms wide open. Battle fatigued and beaten down to less than half my average body weight.

Literally half the man I used to be.

I had quite the scare this past week.

In all honesty I thought I was going to succumb to Death’s grip for sure on Tuesday night. Being June 16th, 2020.

Early afternoon on June 14th, 2020, I left my estranged wife’s apartment in the Beaches and returned to my room in a peaceful rooming house in the Upper Beaches neighbourhood.

When I left her place I was feeling a little sluggish and things happening around me seemed surreal, almost cartoonish.

I felt rough overall.

Just wanted to lie down.

I got home changed to my sweat pants, made a tea and settled down to watch television.

That was on the 14th in the early afternoon. I nodded off as one often does when watching the tv.

I woke up late June the 15th.

Vomiting and having severe diarrhea.

Very severe.

Being attacked by one or the other every ten minutes all night long. Sometimes both at the same time.

Gravol and my prescribed Sulfate Suspension at $90 per bottle were of little or no effect.

At first I felt like I was going through opiate withdrawal.

This would be impossible as I take my prescribed doses of Morphine SR and Statex for breakthrough pain religiously and like clockwork.

Having taken myself offcold turkey, against medical advice, the enormous amount of opiates the doctors had me on after my neck rebuild and almost dying twice, I knew the symptoms of opiate withdrawal.

But, that’s impossible in this case.

Since my doing the cold turkey thing I do not allow myself to risk putting this 62 and 1/2 year old body through such Hell and torment.

I was scared.

When I laid down my face, neck, feet and calves swelled up a significant amount.

Not to mention that all my stomach contents would simply flow out my stomach and out my mouth and nose.

As if my stomach had no way of closing off the top – hence leaving me with a very severe case of acid refux.

I was afraid that I would vomit and it goes down into my lungs.

Twice since getting home I awoke to this happening.

Both times I thought I was gone.

Just as my body was shutting down I would gag and hack up whatever I had ate.

Not my time yet. But, I can guarantee that I was definitely one minute from Death.

Long story short, I slept 80 hours out of the 96 hours I was at my place.

My wife, Jennifer and my youngest son, Dakota finally got me awake and coherent on the phone and convinced me to get to their place asap so they could watch me.

We all had fear that this was the time – my time to become ascended.

The whole time I was home I ate nothing, nor drank more than a glass of water in over four days.

I managed to get to Jennifer’s place and was very confused and ill.

I am feeling the same way but far less severe and more controlable.

Obviously it is the Congested Heart Disease that is attacking me now.

Since my first diagnosis, I have been told over and over that Death can and eventually will happen in the blink of an eye.

They are dumbfounded that I have lived through all I have since that day in October, 2018.

I know my body well. We are very attached to each other and share all our lives together.

I know that I am fighting harder each of these days to stay from slipping into a coma or having that last final heart attack.

But………

Today something very weird happened.

I hate extremely hot days. I am from Saint John, New Brunswick and I am accustomed to the cool breeze off the Atlantic Ocean and the mighty Bay of Fundy.

Today it was 35 degrees counting the humidex. I should have been begging for mercy from the muggy heat.

Yet, I spent over 6 hours out doing shopping and carrying groceries to Jennifer’s place. 3 trips in all.

I actually felt much, much, much better the more I was out there.

All I can say is that it is not my time as yet.

That the mystery here is why did the severe heat help me feel better?

Was it my heart acting up and somehow the heat got things moving faster giving me more oxygen to my brain.

This is the second night I am spending here at Jennifer’s and I slept maybe an hour last night. I am hoping and Praying that I will be able to sleep after publishing this blog.

I Pray that if I do manage to get sleep I will also be Blessed with waking up in the morning.

Can’t die knowing that I have 10 pounds of ribs for my nephewson Shane to slap on his new fancy bbq and Jennifer, Dakota, myself, Shane, his beautiful wife, Amber and their 3 daughters, Kaylee. Kenzie and Lexi are going to celebrate Father’s Day a day early.

And we have 10 pounds of ribs people. Plus wings and burgers. And stuff. Lol

Did I mention that we have 10 pounds of ribs?????

That alone is worth staying alive for.

Soooooooo,

Hopefully I will be saying, “Good Morning WordPress” early in the morning.

Pray It Forward People.

#TheOriginalUrbanViking

#OldManWithTheC

#LightHouseDann 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Court still prohibits marijuana possession

Court still prohibits marijuana possession Shannon Kari, National Post Published: Thursday, December 11, 2008 The prohibition against simple possession of marijuana has been upheld by an Ontario Superior Court judge, in a closely watched case that stemmed from the prosecution of Clifford Long, who was arrested by Toronto police with $40 worth of cannabis. Justice Eva Frank overturned a decision by a lower court judge last year that found there was no valid restriction against possession of cannabis because of flaws with the country's medical marijuana regulations. The lower court decision led to confusion about prosecuting simple possession cases in Ontario, said the federal government in its arguments before Judge Frank earlier this year. The federal Crown argued that the present policies of Health Canada have resulted in enough marijuana for the nearly 2,000 people with medical certificates to possess the drug. Judge Frank agreed with the arguments made by federal government lawy

Demons Of Guilt

Menu The LightHouse Dann Verner Some say my that my life has been a tragic sad tale. Only from their view point. Having lived through my life I can say it has been a damn good ride. I fear not dying for to die is final. To be waiting for that one final jolt of pain is extremely difficult to deal with. DEMONS OF GUILT This is a reflection of the pain I am going through as I finish my son’s biography. Delaney Jordan McLean Verner, 29 years old. Jordan “Bubba” Verner On Christmas morning 2019, hung himself in a town called Black Diamond . An obscure town in the underbelly of Alberta, Canada. He and his wife of 12 years, Katelyn had gone their to start a new life. Hoping to escape the homelessness rut and street life they were “Groundhog Day “  living on the streets of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. A dream that collapsed and left them stranded, freezing and hungry. Only to have Alberta Social Services rudely tell him and his wife to “Go home”. By any way they could. But, a big “but”….. Adding

My Opinion Regarding the Israeli/Hamas War

  Listen to this episode on Spotify or wherever you stream podcasts. How can it be all right for one side of a war ( Israel)  to bomb innocent civilians, but not okay for the other side ( Hamas)  to do so? Common sense would tell you that the majority of the people living in the Gaza strip are not supporters of the barbarism of the Hamas. They would much rather be living peaceful lives. Not living under the reign of fear from the Hamas. Largest part of the Gaza strip problem is that if the Hamas were to allow the innocent to leave, where could they go? Israel? Egypt? The majority of the Palestinian people are in the same boat as the average citizen of Afghanistan, Iraq or Syria. They are labeled and condemned by the actions of their governing leaders. The terrorist government controls every and all aspects of their everyday lives. You can not believe that all Palestinian citizens want to go to war. Their hands are tied and their voices are silenced by their leaders If they were to spea