Skip to main content

I Get Lonely

You are wrong if you have the belief that I am always smiling and upbeat.

I get lonely at times.

Often, actually.

Although, I must admit that I do manage to smile, somewhat, seeking out the humor, twisted at times, in all my life’s moments.

That’s the me that I see when in the mirror I peek.

Life is a series of seasons. From the sprouts of the beginning, heating all summer long, to the shedding of leaves during a fall and ending with Winter upon us all.

The springtime of my youth was a drug and alcohol infused Nantucket Sleigh Ride.

A reckless, self destructing saga of puberty, oppositional defiance and absence of consequence.

The ‘Spring‘ of my life in motion and emotion.

Midway came ‘Summers‘ of lustful love. The body warmed by the hormones flow.

The ‘mating season‘ of the hunter / gatherer.

Find mate. Feed mate. Mate mate.

Objectivity and problem solving influenced by the quota of copulation versus the ‘White Apes‘ tub thumping.

A period of life where family came first. At all costs. Even when emotional poverty was the norm.

Friendships were many, if generosity was plenty. Too many for most.

Being the popular host.

During this period home a flux and perpetual swirl of activity.  My wife and our children living with the bonds of family and the chaos of living such.

Friendships often were measured by empty liquor containers and rolling papers burned. Close friends benefit from your wages earned.

Often times it, life, bothered me not.  Simply played the cards I was dealt. Caring less how I felt.

On occasion the constant hum emanating from the beehive of activity, combined with the forever presence of friends, would become the Horns of Babbel.

And momentary bouts of Darkness ensue. Stop, tuck and roll. Lest be tooled and fooled.

The real and the true sitting next to those who wished they were you. Becoming their presence a nagging array of nuisance.

Without a care tempers may flare. Aimed at those who sit and stare.

This, the time of youthful beliefs of invincibility.   Above reproach and manly at best. Believing you better than rest.

That age that upon reflection you realize that truth be told you were often cocky and bold.

Then next the Autumn of your years arrive.

The age where you do or you don’t.

Recollections of days gone past hold treasures deep.

Your mates fade away from your table each night. Some fade left and others right.

You sit with face a grin. Not  caring is not a sin.

Take no guilt in feeling delight reclaiming time for your own life at night.

You discover serenity in the quietness of knowing what’s right. Always at peace knowng you are long past your final fight.

Those friendships fading out of sight.

Grayed out silhouettes in the flight of night.

Yes, I get lonely. Not tonight.

Geriatric as I be.

I know life bettered for me.

All those talks with the treasured elders of my youth came back with the  ages. Subtle scribbles on past life’s pages.

Subliminal messages of lessons learned and detailed steps of life yearned.

When reminiscing years long past, there is a quote I will speak of fast.

It’s deep message often seems so right and it’s meaning suits me this night.

“I was so much older then. I am younger than that now.”

It is true that I do get lonely at times.

I am only human after all. 

Now my life is in it’s ‘Autumn‘ or ‘Fall‘, I enjoy the fact that I am here at all.

From all experiences gathered throughout life, I have realized humbleness and the necessity of living right.

Three seasons in the Suns of Life lived. Each unique in their individuality and all taught lessons best learned.

I do get lonely.  Especially at night.

For next season of life so dear, is the ending of all the years.

Life’s ‘Winter‘, sauntering my way.

The final acclimation of all days.

If I am to be judged worthy and true, then many days more I may share ….

With you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Court still prohibits marijuana possession

Court still prohibits marijuana possession Shannon Kari, National Post Published: Thursday, December 11, 2008 The prohibition against simple possession of marijuana has been upheld by an Ontario Superior Court judge, in a closely watched case that stemmed from the prosecution of Clifford Long, who was arrested by Toronto police with $40 worth of cannabis. Justice Eva Frank overturned a decision by a lower court judge last year that found there was no valid restriction against possession of cannabis because of flaws with the country's medical marijuana regulations. The lower court decision led to confusion about prosecuting simple possession cases in Ontario, said the federal government in its arguments before Judge Frank earlier this year. The federal Crown argued that the present policies of Health Canada have resulted in enough marijuana for the nearly 2,000 people with medical certificates to possess the drug. Judge Frank agreed with the arguments made by federal government lawy

Demons Of Guilt

Menu The LightHouse Dann Verner Some say my that my life has been a tragic sad tale. Only from their view point. Having lived through my life I can say it has been a damn good ride. I fear not dying for to die is final. To be waiting for that one final jolt of pain is extremely difficult to deal with. DEMONS OF GUILT This is a reflection of the pain I am going through as I finish my son’s biography. Delaney Jordan McLean Verner, 29 years old. Jordan “Bubba” Verner On Christmas morning 2019, hung himself in a town called Black Diamond . An obscure town in the underbelly of Alberta, Canada. He and his wife of 12 years, Katelyn had gone their to start a new life. Hoping to escape the homelessness rut and street life they were “Groundhog Day “  living on the streets of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. A dream that collapsed and left them stranded, freezing and hungry. Only to have Alberta Social Services rudely tell him and his wife to “Go home”. By any way they could. But, a big “but”….. Adding

My Opinion Regarding the Israeli/Hamas War

  Listen to this episode on Spotify or wherever you stream podcasts. How can it be all right for one side of a war ( Israel)  to bomb innocent civilians, but not okay for the other side ( Hamas)  to do so? Common sense would tell you that the majority of the people living in the Gaza strip are not supporters of the barbarism of the Hamas. They would much rather be living peaceful lives. Not living under the reign of fear from the Hamas. Largest part of the Gaza strip problem is that if the Hamas were to allow the innocent to leave, where could they go? Israel? Egypt? The majority of the Palestinian people are in the same boat as the average citizen of Afghanistan, Iraq or Syria. They are labeled and condemned by the actions of their governing leaders. The terrorist government controls every and all aspects of their everyday lives. You can not believe that all Palestinian citizens want to go to war. Their hands are tied and their voices are silenced by their leaders If they were to spea