Daily Prompt : "What’s the best advice you’d give to someone younger than you?" September 15, 2026

Hidey Ho Campers and Camperettes!

What’s the best advice I would give to someone younger than me?

There’s actually numerous ways I could answer this question, so, I will give you the one I believe to be the most serious of them all.

Our youth face many obstacles in today’s society.

Sadly, all of which place incredible burdens on them.

My turning 69 years old next month has Blessed me with an understanding of life that comes from, not my age, but rather the seven decades I was fortunate enough to experience.

The 1960’s and 70’s were a time of man that changed the world in all manners.

Mostly for the betterment of society, may I add.

Every aspect of the world changed rapidly during those two decades.

Our automobiles became faster and more areodynamic.

Our music followed suite.

Becoming faster, more areodynamic and held a much deeper role in our lives.

The pace of everyday life became faster, far more stressful and definitely more confusing than any other time of man.

Divorces went from being “Taboo” to becoming disposable, quick escapes from marriages that often were rushed into.

“Peace” became a “movement” and a cause to promote.

“Wars” also became a “movement” and a cause to “protest”.

Fifty years later and both “Peace” and “War” have not changed. In all actuality, both have increased.

These are but a few of the points that have led to my answer for this prompt.

The best advice I believe someone younger than myself could learn from me would be …

“SEEK KNOWLEDGE”.

I do not mean the learned knowledge taught in our academia, but also “Life lessons”.

Those tidbits of intellectual information that we learn subliminally and that most of us file away in our subconscious as “useless information”.

Those of us who easily dismiss these moments are robbing ourselves of understanding the five “W’s”.

The “Who, What, Where, When and Why” questions we should seek the answers of regardless of whether we believe them to be of importance or not.

Why?

Because we learn more from dismissed information than we could ever learn from taught education.

Never pass on an opportunity to “learn”.

Question all aspects of your life.

Question all aspects of your environment.

Question all aspects of the world around you.

Most importantly, remember the answers concluded from your questionings.

Our brain is much like a vacuum cleaner.

It will suck up all the knowledge in it’s midst.

Train yourself to not file such knowledge away as “useless information”.

Train yourself to retain that which you have learned.

The age old saying, “Knowledge is power” is not wrong.

Do not allow yourself to readily accept all and everything as “The Norm”.

What is normal to one may be abnormal to others.

Always keep in mind that there is no such thing as useless knowledge.

Stupid is what stupid has forgotten.

Do not be “stupid”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And Just Like That It's 2026

Every American Is In Extreme Danger!

Kristi Noem Is As Big A Liar As Dictator Trump Is!