I Am Not Usually A Doomsayer

Most days I am not a doomsayer, however, lately I have little faith in the stability of the world at this point of humanity.
Having chosen to live the lifestyle I chose to live, Blessed me with experiencing events few others are capable of understanding.
Additionally they Blessed me with an understanding of my fellow mankind that most lock away in their subconscious minds so that they do not have to deal with the changes taking place amongst and around them.
The majority of which were of average daily interactions.
Others fueled by decades of wrongdoings
In my 69 years I watched the world progress through the decades from the Sixties to present day.
Perhaps my saying “progress” is incorrect. Yes, technology progressed. As did most aspects of everyday life.
Did we as a people progress or did we digress?
I dare to say that society has digressed.
Albert Einstein once stated that there would come a time when mankind would be capable of manufacturing a working technology that although we could produce it, we would not be capable of understanding why it worked.
Look around.
Einstein was correct.
We are now using Artificial Intelligence that is creating more problems than good.
The way we rushed into using A.I.while it is still in it’s infancy is one of the most reckless acts mankind could ever have done!
Look at the turmoil it has already caused around the world.
The average person no longer knows what is real and what is A.I.
This has created tensions in not only everyday life but also in the political landscape.
It has opened the floodgates of political interference in governments worldwide.
Which is growing substantially and undermining global peace and world order.
A.I. is not the first great mistake we have allowed. Not by a long shot.
“Social Media” was one of the first great mistakes of modern society.
It was allowed to go public before the public was capable of understand or controlling it.
We are using it anyway!
I am using it right now!
It has destroyed families, persons, education.
Damaging the very core of our youths perceptions of life in general. Literary stealing away their youth!
Decades after the birth of Social Media we are just now understanding the damage it has created.
Now we are making feeble attempts to police the beast and undo the destruction it has caused. Not only to our youth, but to people of all ages.
Sadly, hindsight is twenty twenty.
It’s addictive properties have led to millions of people, worldwide, glued to the screens of their electronic devices.
Not just glued but has seized control of how we conduct our daily lives.
Next we have ‘automobiles’.
What a scary thing the simple car has become!
Previously the greatest worry of being in a car was the loose nut on the steering wheel.
Take this for instance …
The greatest accomplishment a student driver could accomplish was learning how to “parallel park” and second with “learning how to check the blind spot” before merging or changing lanes.
Now we have cars that drive themselves’.
Not too well may I add.
Cars are equipped with that technology Einstein warned us about.
A gazillion cameras and sensors have created drivers obtaining licenses they should not have.
There is no need for me to list the numerous flaws in the modern vehicles. We see that on the evening news constantly.
My personal pet peeve regarding cars is,
“Why do we manufacture automobiles that can go four or more times than the speed limits of most countries?”
Seriously, where are we allowed to drive 150 or 200 or even faster miles per hour?
Yet, we keep building them to go faster and faster.
Then we are all ‘shocked’ when there is terrific accidents.
Imagine how little oil the world would consume if we were to manufacture automobiles that operated as cars and not rockets on wheels!
On top of our misuse of technology we have also become desensitized to the realities of what we have created.
With the current state of global affairs, especially with the United States government and their alliance with Israel purposely leading us into a world war, I see complete destruction of society as we know it on the horizon.
I pray that I am wrong regarding the state of world affairs, very wrong!
However, I fear that I am right.
Society has become blind to the horrors of our society.
Prime examples of what I am saying is best described by our silence, lack of action and inadvertent complicity to what Israel and the States are doing to the Palestinian people.
(And, yes, they definitely are ‘PEOPLE’. Regardless that the Israelis and the States are saying otherwise!)
Look at Gaza!
Look at the West Bank!
Look at Lebanon!
To be fair it is not only Israel and the United States.
Look at the Russian invasion of The Ukraine!
Look at China, North Korea, the Sudan, Syria and Africa!
Basically, look around!!!
I am confident you will see what I am speaking about.
Society is on a “Nantucket Sleigh Ride” and the whale is pulling us down into the depths of the dark abyss that we have foolishly and purposefully created.
The scariest of all this is,
“I can’t swim”
Nor can I dance!
That said, allow me to quote John Mayall as I ask the Universe …
“HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO DANCE, WHEN I HAVEN’T GOT ROOM TO MOVE?”
Sadly, I will now crawl back into my mind’s dark place,
Until the ‘morrow,
“Good evening Campers and Campettes.“
Comments
Post a Comment
Your opinion means much to me - we all have one, so, please, leave a comment....Namaste'